Debut Biotech is a high-growth company located in sunny San Diego, CA. At the heart of our ethos is the ability of synthetic biology to create over 60% of the material inputs for society to provide a sustainable future. While many have attempted to achieve this goal using traditional fermentation, no platform can convert low-cost renewable feedstocks into ANY material; our advanced biomanufacturing platform will be the first. At Debut, we promise that your day-to-day innovation will drive us closer to realizing this critical vision and that failure is OK when shooting for the stars; if you’re not failing, you’re not pushing hard enough. We genuinely believe that Debut will be THE biomanufacturing company and the vision for a better tomorrow motivates our team. If you are passionate, like fast-paced innovation and close-knit teams, then Debut is for you.
As a member of the analytical chemistry team, you will work closely with the team leader and other senior scientists to analyze a range of molecules produced via fermentation and enzyme catalysis. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in HPLC, LC-MSMS, GC-MS, HPLC-RID, UV, FTIR and other common analytical methods. Experience in method development, validation, and deployment for a vast range of small molecules is vital. You must also have experience in structure elucidation of unknown analytes through multi-platform analytical approaches. The candidate is also required to maintain analytical equipment and to support commercialization efforts with QA/QC approaches.
- BSc with 3+ years’ experience in analytical chemistry. There is a preference for candidates with industrial experience in a synthetic biology setting
- Technical and analytical proficiency with hands on knowledge of analytical methods including HPLC, LC-MS-MS, GCMS, HPLC-RID, UV, and FTIR
- Understanding of laboratory analytical techniques, analytical troubleshooting, method development, and lab equipment
- Experience in analyzing products produced via microbial fermentation and enzyme-based processes
- Must collaborate in a cross-functional teams with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess an internal drive for results with a can-do mentality
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible in a fast-moving environment with a passion to deliver results
- Able to initiate projects and bring new ideas into the organization
- Capable of managing multiple projects and tasks at once
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work with biohazardous agents (up to BSL2).
- Work requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and office equipment. Laboratory operations require dexterity and care to perform studies as required.
- The R&D laboratory will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and oily coolants.
- Requires walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of material up to fifty (50) pounds.
- The performance of this position will present exposure to an industrial environment and requires support and compliance with the published Company PPE policy including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, appropriate attire, safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection, etc.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours supporting a 24/7 operation including weekends.
- Debut Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To learn more about Debut please visit:
DSM Agrees to Evaluate Debut’s Scalable Cell-Free Manufacturing Platform (Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News): https://www.genengnews.com/topics/bioprocessing/dsm-agrees-to-evaluate-debut-biotechs-scalable-cell-free-manufacturing-platform/
Next gen cell-free biomanufacturing could unlock opportunities to synthesize natural ingredients (Food Navigator-USA): https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2021/03/23/Next-gen-cell-free-biomanufacturing-could-unlock-opportunities-to-biosynthesize-far-wider-set-of-natural-ingredients-claims-startup
Debut Biotech Awarded $1M from Air Force Research Lab for aerospace applications of cell-free biomanufacturing (PRWeb): https://www.prweb.com/releases/debut_biotechnology_awarded_1m_from_air_force_research_lab_to_leverage_cell_free_continuous_biomanufacturing_in_aerospace_applications/prweb17394934.htm
Company website: https://debutbiotech.com