Debut Biotech is a high-growth company located in sunny San Diego, CA. At the heart of our ethos is the ability of synthetic biology to create over 60% of the material inputs for society to provide a sustainable future. While many have attempted to achieve this goal, there is no platform that can convert low-cost renewable feedstocks into ANY material; Debut will be the first using their advanced biomanufacturing platform. At Debut, we promise that your day-to-day innovation will drive us closer to realizing this critical vision and that failure is OK when shooting for the stars; if you’re not failing, you’re not pushing hard enough. We genuinely believe that Debut will be THE innovation company, and our team is driven on this vision. If you are passionate, like fast-paced innovation and close-knit teams, then Debut is for you.
Debut is seeking a platform technology project manager to oversee and control project timelines between Debut and our world-class partners as we head towards commercialization. The candidate will report to the Senior Vice President of R&D and will work with our multi-disciplinary scientific and business teams to track and report progress to key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and keeping the technical and business teams tied to project timelines, translating information from technology teams to presentation format for key stakeholders, and will also be responsible for the translation of information between organizations.
What you will be doing:
- Work within aggressive milestones and priorities created by business development.
- Create defined timelines and deliverables and holding team members accountable.
- Transitioning technical advances to presentations and written documents.
- Proof reading documents for external communications and organizing teams.
- Identifying project risks and working with the technical team to advance solutions.
- Working with the different teams to ensure external projects are translated to different stages of bioproduction within internal departments.
What you bring to the table:
- A BSc with 5+ years of industrial experience in a biomanufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated project management.
- Knowledge of software for real time monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risks.
- Acts as a liaison between company and partner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Experience in bioproduction, fermentation and downstream processing equipment is a bonus.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work with biohazardous agents (up to BSL2).
- Work requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and office equipment. Laboratory operations require dexterity and care to perform studies as required.
- The R&D laboratory will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and oily coolants.
- Requires walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of material up to fifty (50) pounds.
- The performance of this position will present exposure to an industrial environment and requires support and compliance with the published Company PPE policy including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, appropriate attire, safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection, etc.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours supporting a 24/7 operation including weekends.
- Debut Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To learn more about Debut please visit:
DSM Agrees to Evaluate Debut’s Scalable Cell-Free Manufacturing Platform (Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News): https://www.genengnews.com/topics/bioprocessing/dsm-agrees-to-evaluate-debut-biotechs-scalable-cell-free-manufacturing-platform/
Next gen cell-free biomanufacturing could unlock opportunities to synthesize natural ingredients (Food Navigator-USA): https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2021/03/23/Next-gen-cell-free-biomanufacturing-could-unlock-opportunities-to-biosynthesize-far-wider-set-of-natural-ingredients-claims-startup
Debut Biotech Awarded $1M from Air Force Research Lab for aerospace applications of cell-free biomanufacturing (PRWeb): https://www.prweb.com/releases/debut_biotechnology_awarded_1m_from_air_force_research_lab_to_leverage_cell_free_continuous_biomanufacturing_in_aerospace_applications/prweb17394934.htm
Company website: https://debutbiotech.com